turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax cannot e-file my New York State return for 2018. It is stating to "print and mail". New York State says I must e-file.....what is solution??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
maglib
Level 11

Turbotax cannot e-file my New York State return for 2018. It is stating to "print and mail". New York State says I must e-file.....what is solution??

did you e-file your federal return with TT?  Is it giving you a reason why it won't let you e-file like an error?  Do note there are some valid reasons to have to file by mail and I myself had to in the past file by mail to NY and there was no issues.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.

To mail a NY return:

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/return_assembly_mail.htm

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My Turbo Tax Instructions to mail to NY State (2018) indicates include: "Summary of Federal Form 1099-R Statements are to be attached to your tax return instead" (of the actual 1099), but the Summary was  not included in my TT printout.  What should I do?

maglib
Level 11

Just send a copy of the 1099 you had received in the mail with your tax return  just like you send them a w-2 copy.

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies