turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thecarles

I moved from North Carolina to Mexico in July 2018. Is Turbo Tax Free available for a US citizen living in Mexico?

I've been retired for several years.  My wife, who still resides in North Carolina, and I have been separated for several years.  For 2017 we filed Married Filing Separately using the standard deduction.  My only income is from Social Security and some IRA distributions.  Can I use Turbo Tax Free as a US Citizen living in Mexico?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I moved from North Carolina to Mexico in July 2018. Is Turbo Tax Free available for a US citizen living in Mexico?

TurboTax can be used anywhere in the world that has an internet connection.  To purchase TurboTax products you will need a US credit card with a US billing address.

You can use the Free edition if you are only reporting SS benefits and distributions shown on a Form 1099-R.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TurboTax can be used anywhere in the world that has an internet connection.  To purchase TurboTax products you will need a US credit card with a US billing address.

You can use the Free edition if you are only reporting SS benefits and distributions shown on a Form 1099-R.

thecarles

Thank you for your speedy response.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies