Solved: TurboTax Business - Enter dividends, interest, cap...

jtdc1

TurboTax Business - Enter dividends, interest, cap gains after end of calendar year

I am filing for an estate that is on a July-June fiscal year.  How do I enter income information for the period after the end of the calendar year?  I only see the option to create a 1099.  Since there is no 1099, how do I enter the income?  I thought about creating dummy 1099s but that does not seem right.  Thanks.

DavidD66

You're not going to "create" 1099s" but you have to enter the information as if you were entering from a 1099.  For example, for dividend:

• Click on "Federal Taxes"
  • Click on "Income"
  • Click "Start" next to "Dividend Income on 1099-DIV"
  • On the next screen you will be asked "Any Taxable Dividend Income?"  See screenshot below. 
  • Note, you will also see on that page:  "Enter all taxable dividends here even if they were not reported on a 1099-DIV" 
  • Click on "Yes"
  • On the next screen enter your dividend information.  See screenshot below

Enter Dividend IncomeAny Taxable Dividend Income?

DavidD66

Enter the income received after the end of the calendar year the same way you would if you had a 1099-DIV,  1099-INT, or 1099-B.

jtdc1

Thanks for the reply.  Mechanically, how does that work?  If I go through the "Interview" questions, the only option I have is to create 1099s.  One of the items of income is a personal loan made to a beneficiary so no 1099 has been or will be issued.  The other items will have 1099s issued but not until next year.  Where in TurboTax Business do I access the screen for entry?  I really appreciate the specific program guidance you can offer.

DavidD66

• Click on "Federal Taxes"
  • Click on "Income"
  • Click on "Yes"