turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Health insurance; how have I to pay back the difference through my taxes? Do they automatic deduct through my taxes refund?

My actual concern is do I have to do anything at all when I see this message "How much of the difference you have to pay back through your taxes = $105" in the Health Insurance tab, like cut a check of $015 that I own and send to IRS / CoverCalifornia. Or TurboTax will figure it all out and automatic deduct through my taxes refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Health insurance; how have I to pay back the difference through my taxes? Do they automatic deduct through my taxes refund?

TurboTax automatically calculates the difference and deducts it from your refund.  It is actually part of your tax return on Schedule 4 which shows up on line 14 of your 1040. 

You do not have to write a check unless TurboTax is showing that you have tax due instead of a refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TurboTax automatically calculates the difference and deducts it from your refund.  It is actually part of your tax return on Schedule 4 which shows up on line 14 of your 1040. 

You do not have to write a check unless TurboTax is showing that you have tax due instead of a refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you much TurboTaxVanessaIA , EA for your prompt answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies