ctsaustin

TurboTax advised that my employer would be sending me a W-2c. My employer advised they are not aware of any need for a W-2c. Why would TurboTax alert me to that?

Bees

Are  you filing a joint return?  Did you apply each of your income correctly to each spouse. If you put it all in one persons income that might trigger excess SS tax withheld which needs to be corrected. Go back and review your w-2 information.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
SteamTrain

There was a bug in the program for a week, that indicated that, when it wasn't true.

It has "mostly" been corrected now......but if still untrue...it is just a message and affects your tax return in no way

AS-Long-AS

....you check your entries on the "software" W-2 form to ensure the values that are  in boxes #3 and #4 are the correct numbers and that box 4 is exactly 6.2% of box #3

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
ctsaustin

Yes, filing jointly and confirmed entered correctly.  Thanks for the reply.

ctsaustin

Confirmed the correct %.  Hopefully it was just a bug.  Thanks for the reply.