Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

accusox
Returning Member

Turbotax 2017 form 982 issue

I'm using the download version of 2017 home and business and completed my taxes. When I run the analysis, it says my audit risk is medium because my return includes form 982, which indicated I have non-taxable income from cancellation of debt. 

I didn't claim non-taxable income from cancellation of debt, and can not find the form 982 in my filing. 

The only thing I can think of is, I do have non-taxable disability income from CalPERS 1099-R, (law enforcement), but have triple checked everything along with comparing my entries from Turbotax 2016, and 2018. 

Note; I also am working on and finished my taxes using Turbotax 2016 and 2018. I opened all the years, 2016, 2017, and 2018 on three separate computer screens. I went through each section one at a time comparing my info to see if I made an entry error for 2017. 2016 and 2018 have no issue regarding form 982, only 2017.

I read online there was a glitch in TurboTax 2017 regarding form 982.

Please help,

Sincerely,

Jim 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
accusox
Returning Member

OK, I found and opened form 982 in my 2017 tax return. It is blank, no entries, because I don't have any canceled debt. But, it still shows my audit chances are medium because of canceled debt.

Thanks.

Jim

accusox
Returning Member

I deleted the blank 982 form from my return, but it still shows my audit chances are medium because of canceled debt. I have no canceled debt.

Thanks.

Jim

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies