Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EFB1938
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Not Responding All is done, I paid the state filing fee, but TT will not finish filing the returns. "No Response from Turbo Tax" shows on the screen.p on th4 scren,.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Not Responding All is done, I paid the state filing fee, but TT will not finish filing the returns. "No Response from Turbo Tax" shows on the screen.p on th4 scren,.

Are you trying to file your state with your federal return or without your federal return? You can e file your state and federal taxes together but if you e file your federal return first, you will have to wait for it to be accepted before you can e file your state return. 

This article will give you more insight on how to file your state return.  

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
EFB1938
Returning Member

The TT program locked up after entering my credit card payment for the state return. Nothing had been filed. The TT program would NOT let me complete e-filing the federal and state the returns.  My computer's notation said that Turbo Tax was "not responding."   

After 8 attempts every half hour or so in doing this, and needing to enter my credit card information each time as a 'purchase' in order to try to REACH the FILE page, it finally went through on the last attempt.   I can only guess now many charges might show up on my CC statement next month!

This is  the absolute WORST experience I've had with Turbo Tax since I began using it every year since year since 1995.   

Suze1

I  am on week 2 of trying every few minutes for 1-2 hours at a time. I am wondering if it is just a matter of perseverance. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still not able to e-file. Very frustrated. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using a TurboTax CD/Download product? If so, please see Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return? for possible solutions and a link to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Suze1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies