turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax error in my 1040A form

I completed my tax return on here (only Social Security as income) and received a message that due to a form issue, I could not e-file and would have to file by mail. I printed off the 1040A provided by Turbo Tax, and that is the issue. My total income, adjusted income, and other fields are showing $0, when they should not be. Why is this? And how can Turbo Tax guarantee their returns to be correct when this obviously is not?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

A tax return with no taxable income entered, no tax liability entered and no tax refund entered cannot be e-filed.  It can only be printed and mailed.

If the Social Security benefits were the only income reported on the tax return, then there is no benefit or reason to file a tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A tax return with no taxable income entered, no tax liability entered and no tax refund entered cannot be e-filed.  It can only be printed and mailed.

If the Social Security benefits were the only income reported on the tax return, then there is no benefit or reason to file a tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies