vbenson106

Turbo Tax error in my 1040A form

I completed my tax return on here (only Social Security as income) and received a message that due to a form issue, I could not e-file and would have to file by mail. I printed off the 1040A provided by Turbo Tax, and that is the issue. My total income, adjusted income, and other fields are showing $0, when they should not be. Why is this? And how can Turbo Tax guarantee their returns to be correct when this obviously is not?

Turbo Tax error in my 1040A form

A tax return with no taxable income entered, no tax liability entered and no tax refund entered cannot be e-filed.  It can only be printed and mailed.

If the Social Security benefits were the only income reported on the tax return, then there is no benefit or reason to file a tax return.

Turbo Tax error in my 1040A form