Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

irv775

I'm told I didn't file a 8962

My refund which was due by thurs. is being held because I need to file a form 8962. Its very confusing and why won't it done when I filed. I depended on this refund and they say 6-8 week delay.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax can help you complete a form 8962 if you have received a letter from the IRS asking for an update.  Be sure to check if the letter references tax year 2016 or 2015. The form should have been generated when you entered your 1095-A into the Health Insurance section of Turbo Tax, but if for some reason it was not entered, these are the step-by-step instructions to add them.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5742304

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You guys didn't tell me about this either, and now my refund is held up. And that link is broken. I even paid for Turbo Tax this year. WTF.

@snowkat1052 wrote:

You guys didn't tell me about this either, and now my refund is held up. And that link is broken. I even paid for Turbo Tax this year. WTF.

The above answer was not for tax year 2019.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

I appreciate the swift reply (I assumed instructions for the same processes wouldn't be year-reliant.....)

@snowkat1052 wrote:

I appreciate the swift reply (I assumed instructions for the same processes wouldn't be year-reliant.....)

The link you provided wasn't helpful - it jumps straight from "follow the directions below" to "when you're done". There aren't any actual directions. (The link to instructions just takes you to the page you're already on)

You must have a web browser issue.  When I click on this link in the FAQ - TurboTax Online Instructions

The FAQ includes the following - 

1. Sign into your account with the same user ID you used when you filed your 2019 return.
  2. Scroll down to the Your tax returns documents section and select Add a state.
  3. In the left menu, select Federal.
  4. Select Deductions & Credits from the top menu.
  5. You may need to answer a few preliminary questions to reach the Your tax breaks section. Once you get there, select See all tax breaks.
  6. Select Show more next to Medical.
  7. Select Revisit or Start next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A).
  8. Answer the questions about your health insurance, which includes entering your 1095-A.
  9. Select Tax Tools (found in the left menu), and then select Print Center below it.
  10. Choose Print, save, or preview this year’s return. You may need to enter info about your driver's license or other state ID.
  11. In the TurboTax Print Center, check the 2019 Federal returns box and select the Just my tax returns(s) option. Select View or print forms.
  12. We'll generate a PDF copy of your tax return. Save or print a copy for your records and label it so you know it's the latest version of your taxes. Print a copy of Form 8962 for the IRS. If your refund or balance due has changed, print Form 1040 too.
  • You can check if your refund changed by comparing line 21a on your original 1040 and the one you just printed. If you had a balance due, check line 23.

Send the following to the IRS address or fax number found in your IRS letter:

• Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
  • Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
  • A copy of the IRS letter that you received.
  • Only if the refund or owed amount has changed: also include page 2 of your 1040
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies