Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Dear Turbotax, Please also find out what to do for those of us who have used and canceled our green dot turbo card this year, after spending the tax refund money last month.  I spent the tax refund and then canceled the green dot service because I no longer needed it and now the irs might think that direct deposit info is still correct but it isn't. I hope the irs direct deposit portal will allow me to update my Direct Deposit back to my BofA account, so that I don't have to deal with green dot fees and limitations anymore.  But if it has to go to green dot, to be faster, then they should proactive and turn my account back on with no fees, so I can access my stimulus fairly, or send us an email with guidance.  

Turbotax and or green dot, should know witch customers we are and should email us a custom guidance when you find out.  And you should anticipate this question but I don't see this particular scenario mentioned anyway yet.   Thanks in advance, I patiently await your guidance on this when you find out. From you or that green dot bank you sold me. Thanks,    

I would have to think they would. It has a routing number and acct number and can be used for direct deposit using those numbers with your employer so I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be as long as they have those two numbers. 

They don’t want to tell us the truth, because then those people who haven’t filed yet, won’t use their debit card offer . They’re being stingy instead of informative 

Hello I receive my refund through American Express serve card through jackson Hewitt and I was wondering the same, I received an email from them this Am saying that the funds would be direct deposited to my account and I could also request a replacement if i needed it as well as update my address. Hope this helps 🙂

How confident are you that I’ll get my stimulus check via my turbo Visa card if all the number match up?

Will I receive my Corona virus check on my turbo card?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Danaghurd  It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. (TurboTax Card) We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just would like to know if I should still use my GreenDot prepaid card from a loan that I got from TurboTax TurboTax I still would like to know if stemless check is coming on that card short answer yes or no would be nice thanks

@CassLO

The following was posted on www.sbtpg.com around 9am this morning...

...An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG...

But my DD info listed on my 1040 matches the routing and account numbers on my (still active) Green Dot banking account that was created this year for my Turbo Tax issued debit card, the turbo card. So I'm afraid this means that i will default to having a check sent instead of getting my stimulus money direct deposited to it? Can you clarify? Or does anybody else have any info to add? Thanks!

PS yes I used the option to have my fees taken out of my refund as opposed to paying them myself at the time of filing.

Does this also mean everyone who got the turbo Visa card won’t get it through that?

The truth is that nobody knows as of yet. When these kinds of packages arrive and are passed quickly, a lot of the fine details will have to be presented and worked out as they come. From a common sense standpoint, the IRS would have no problem sending you money through the same secure DD green dot/Turbo Card that they already sent you money to. It was fine then and will be fine now. They will simply see that they issued a tax refund to a specific DD account which is located on your tax form. They don’t care to see any additional info past that. I can’t be sure that things won’t change but as of now, no one has been updated on that specific issue

Info given relates to a debit card or check given but not a debit card sent to you that has a Routing and Account number such as Green Dot Turbo visa Card. The idea is that it would be loaded back on the card just as your original tax return was

To whom it May concern,

I have a question regarding to my Taxes e filed my taxes through turbo tax Jan 31 2020 . I still not have received my taxes . And how is the Stimulus checks going to work  for people that haven't even gotten there taxes yet!

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Redhott66 Typically we would advise you to call the IRS if you don't receive your refund within 21 days of your return being accepted. However, the IRS is not currently taking phone calls. The stimulus payment is taking precedence, so once they figure out all of the details with that, they will resume normal operations. Rest assured though, if you are expecting a refund, it is coming. Also, you will still receive the stimulus payment even if your refund hasn't been sent out yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm afraid that means you and I will be waiting till May to receive our checks SMH this is such crap TurboTax! Never Again! But they will help people who haven't filed or paid them money like we have! Customer Loyalty at it's finest!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies