turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to send in my efile for my federal taxes but I get an error message. The message is saying you haven't started accepting them. Is this true?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm trying to send in my efile for my federal taxes but I get an error message. The message is saying you haven't started accepting them. Is this true?

TurboTax has been closed for the holiday, TurboTax has not released an official date yet on when you can e-file, have heard that it could be today sometime.  They will open today (Pacific Time), since they have been closed it may not be until later that you can e-file.  You would have to check back later, or you can contact TurboTax support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

-----------------------------------------------------------

Even though TurboTax will let you e-file early, the IRS is not accepting returns until January 23rd, so there is no rush to file.  Which means TurboTax will hold your return on their servers until the IRS opens their e-file system.  You will not be able to get your return back or make any changes to it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Beginning in 2017, a new law approved by Congress requires the IRS to hold refunds on tax returns claiming the EITC or the ACTC until mid-February. The IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC — until at least Feb. 15. This change helps ensure that taxpayers get the refund they are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

TT is not open yet for efile.

Do you know when they'll begin to accept them?

No official word yet but some say today, see answer below

TurboTax has been closed for the holiday, TurboTax has not released an official date yet on when you can e-file, have heard that it could be today sometime.  They will open today (Pacific Time), since they have been closed it may not be until later that you can e-file.  You would have to check back later, or you can contact TurboTax support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

-----------------------------------------------------------

Even though TurboTax will let you e-file early, the IRS is not accepting returns until January 23rd, so there is no rush to file.  Which means TurboTax will hold your return on their servers until the IRS opens their e-file system.  You will not be able to get your return back or make any changes to it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Beginning in 2017, a new law approved by Congress requires the IRS to hold refunds on tax returns claiming the EITC or the ACTC until mid-February. The IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC — until at least Feb. 15. This change helps ensure that taxpayers get the refund they are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies