kchiles

TT didn't ask me if I withheld federal tax from my unemployment. Why?

ColeenD3

This question has been answered. On the very same screen where you entered you unemployment income, in the box right next to where you entered your income, is the box where you put your withholding. Again see an example of the screen below.

To get to the right screen, enter 1099-G in the SEARCH box  in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Click the jump to link.

Either you entered the 1099G for your unemployment in the wrong spot or you did not go through all the screens carefully enough.  Did you already e-file?

ColeenD3

kchiles

I totally missed that box I needed to check.  Thank you very much