turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Big-D

Trying to open 2016 return and turbo tax is trying to import into new return. I just want to open my original 2016 return.

How can I open 2016 return without creating a new return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Trying to open 2016 return and turbo tax is trying to import into new return. I just want to open my original 2016 return.

For CD/Download desktop returns, you need to open it in the 2016 desktop software.  It won't open in the 2017 software, only transfer in.  

For online returns, sign in to your return and click on ''Previous Taxes'' on the left side menu, see attached.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

For CD/Download desktop returns, you need to open it in the 2016 desktop software.  It won't open in the 2017 software, only transfer in.  

For online returns, sign in to your return and click on ''Previous Taxes'' on the left side menu, see attached.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using a CD/Download desktop software, you need to open it in the 2016 desktop software.  It will not open in the 2017 software. It will only transfer in.  If you just want to view you prior 2016 return from an online product, here's how you access it,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5574744

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies