bgipp87

Trying to make an agreement to give 50 a month but on the form it keeps saying the amonts from line 8 and 9 cant be greater than the amount due

form 9465
iamtestpass_sms_123

If you are having trouble with the Installment Agreement Request Form, 9465, and you see the "Check this Entry" screen with the message:

Form 9465: Minimum payment you can make plus Line 8 is greater than the balance due amount.  The maximum payment you can make is.... 

It is possible that you need to change the amount for Line 8.  
Line 8 is the amount that you would like to pay now (per the instructions for form 9465, "Even if you can’t pay the full amount you owe now, you should pay as much as possible...").  It cannot be set to zero.  

If you enter too large of a number on line 8, it is possible your installment payment amount is greater than the amount you would actually owe (the amount you owe shows on Line 9). 

To fix the amount on line 8, do the following: 

1. Select 'File' from the TurboTax menu (on the left) 
  2. On Step 2 'Your tax payment info' choose Revisit
  3. From 'How would you like to pay...' Installment plan should be selected, Select Continue
  4. From 'How to request an Installment Agreement' & 'Confirm your contact info,' Select continue
  5. From 'Set up your installment payments', check the value in the 'Initial amount you will pay with this tax return'

If you need to change the line 8 amount, you can do that now and continue on. 
TAC94CK5x67bjzg

I have no idea what the hell y'all talking about

Monroe3

I need help! This is doing the same thing to me taking me in circles. I followed the directions and I clicked on file but it does not take me to another screen to edit or change the form! I can not file my taxes until this form is corrected