harrybons

Trying to import 1099-B information from E*trade but reports "The import was unsuccessful, There isn't any tax related info to import right now..." This broke (again).

Using desktop version.
Software Updated.
Using correct user/password (It shows "Loading" for a while and if I enter wrong info it doesn't)
DDollar

I can't help you with the 1099-B import if it's not working properly, but I can give you an alternative that is better than manually entering each transaction.  You can enter summary totals for each asset sale category.  It will require you to mail a copy of your Form 1099-B along with Form 8453 (which TurboTax will generate).  To do this in TurboTax Online,

Click on Search

• In the Search Window type 1099-B
  • Click on Jump to 1099-B
  • Click + Add an Account (if the account you were trying to download is showing, delete it first)
  • Answer Yes to "Did you get a 1099-B or a brokerage statement for these sales?"
  • Click on "I'll type it in myself"
  • Select your Bank or brokerage and click Continue
  • On the page with "Tell us about your ... 1099-B" click the button "I'll enter a summary for each sales category"
  • Enter your Investment Sale information and repeat to you have entered for each category.

After entering all your category summaries,  Look for "To finish reporting these sales, follow the mailing instructions" and click on the link for these instructions: