btncctx

Trying to finish my filing and upload, but IRS saying they need to finalize one or more forms. I have never seen this before using Turbo Tax. Please explain

what forms is irs needing
SteamTrain

Many forms must be finalized....................AND  including the second stimulus in a hugely-complex set of software is NOT a simple task.  Those who think so are unrealistic in their expectations...and could take weeks.

The IRS was not "expected" to start processing any tax returns before 27 January...and that was before the second stimulus was implemented late in the year....so you should not be in a rush...get it done right the first time, and don't attempt to file before mid February.

_________________________

"Expected" dates for various forms availability....but that could change:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
fanfare

"including the second stimulus in a hugely-complex set of software is NOT a simple task. "

@SteamTrain  The bigger the outfit, the more sluggish, apparently.

Other tax software vendors have already implemented this and pushed it out to customers.

SteamTrain

.....maybe other software providers have a way to enter the second stimulus...BUT...the forms themselves are not done nor approved by the IRS, and cannot be actually filed yet by ANYBODY

AND...there were a bunch of other changes in that horribly late budget bill, that are far more complex than just the seconds stimulus...Like the one-year look-back for EIC funds....implementing that one will be a nightmare.

The only way any of this could be speeded up by a couple weeks, would be for Congress to responsibly get all their actions done (those that affect taxes) by the end of September.