chad18

Trying to enter self-employment income, which came in cash. The app says to upgrade for the ability to enter 1099's. I do not have any 1099's. How do I enter income?

AnnetteB6

Your self-employment income that you received in the form of cash will be reported on Schedule C.  Use the information in the following TurboTax as guidance to get started with the Schedule C.  You may still be required to upgrade to enter the Schedule C even though you do not have any Form 1099-MISC.

How do I report income from self-employment?

@chad18

There is also The Turbo Tax Free File program which is free for federal and state.  And has more forms than the Federal Free Edition, like Schedules A, B, C , D, E, F, EIC, H, K-1, SE,  etc.

To qualify for the Free File website  you just need to meet one of these 3 things.

AGI $36,000 or less.

Active duty military with AGI of $69,000 or less

OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)

In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on Sign in at the top right.  It may let you continue your return so you don't have to start over.

https://freefile.intuit.com/

How to switch to the Free File website

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program/01/...