turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dot619
Returning Member

Transcription didn't go through on the stimulus check filing

This is really frustrating me, I've been trying for three days now to file for the stimulus check with that option. I put all my information in and at the end it tells me my transcript didn't go through and to review my information, the page tells me the issue could be my name, social security number or address and to check if they're spelled right. I go through each option all over again, on everything, throughly just to be sure, and it STILL tells me something is wrong. We don't know what to do. I'm filing jointly but I haven't spelled anything wrong or go my information wrong and it's still giving me issues.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Make sure that you are using this link for your Stimulus Registration.  When you are on this webpage, scroll toward the bottom and select, If you don't need to file your taxes this year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

here is an idea...when you say your name is spelled correctly.....is it spelled EXACTLY like it is on your social security card?  not sure if that is the issue, but worth a review.

Also, please confirm your did not file in either 2018 or 2019.  Are you receiving social security? if you answer yes to either question, there is no need to register at this TT / IRS portal - you should already be in the IRS database for the stimulus payment

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies