turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I check out the way I selected to pay my tax due on turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ddaven12

To verify the payment method for the direct debit payment for the  taxes due, follow the steps below in TurboTax Online:

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • The payment method is found on the State Information Worksheet-Part V for state taxes due.
  • The payment method is found on the Federal Information Worksheet-Part V for federal taxes due.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy April 18, 2017 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

But I cannot find out the state information worksheet
ddaven12

In your printed tax return, do you see a payment voucher to mail your state payment? I am thinking that you may not have scheduled a direct debit for the state return and selected the "mail a check" option instead.

I checked IT-201. I didn't fill in the options for payment method. What should I do now?
ddaven12

In this instance, it will default to the "mail a check" option. You can mail a check or money order payment along with the Form IT-201-V payment voucher <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201v_fill_in.pdf">https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_f...> to the address listed on the form. As an alternative, you can pay the taxes due online at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/all/pay_a_bill.htm">https://www.tax.ny.gov/pay/all/pay_a_bill.htm</a>.

I saw the payment voucher on IT-201-V?which is hundreds of dollars. The voucher says that i need to send paycheck. And Electronic payment on their web is not allowed. I just signed up on department of taxation and finance and click on make a payment option, which says no tax due letter. So I need to send the paycheck ASAP, right?
ddaven12

Yes, you would go ahead and mail the check ASAP.

thanks a lot. I really appreciate your patience
ddaven12

Anytime! Let us know if you have any additional questions.

I have one more question?how can I track the payment after I mail the check? Thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies