turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nalaw920

Near the end of the interview, I was told to print something that I think was supposed to be mailed to State (IN) The link didn't work and then I tried to go back...cant

Also, I agreed to pay for state and Turbo Tax software out of my federal refund, but I have no proof of that.  Please advise.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Alma

Near the end of the interview, I was told to print something that I think was supposed to be mailed to State (IN) The link didn't work and then I tried to go back...cant

To review your order details in TurboTax Online:

Click on My TurboTax>My Tax Timeline

Look under Some Things You Can Do>Click View order details

If TurboTax is indicating that you need to print and mail any forms or you opted to print and mail, then yes, you will need to print and mail that part of your return since TurboTax only assists in e-filing your returns, they do not actually mail them in. Instructions on this will be included in the filing instructions in your return. If you e-filed and there is no instructions that indicate you need to send anything in, then you are good to go.

To view and print your State return, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, please follow the instructions below:

•     Click on My TurboTax at the upper left top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Look under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return status)
  •     Click on Add a State (this is to get in to your return)
  •     Once in your return, click on the My Account at the top of the page on the right
  •     Click on Print Center to view and print all your State return, payment voucher and filing instructions (select all forms and worksheets)

This section will show the most updated version of everything you've done up to this point. The instructions included will let you know what to send in and where if necessary, keep an eye out for forms that indicate that a signature is required.

For additional questions regarding your State return, contact your State Department of Revenue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alma

To review your order details in TurboTax Online:

Click on My TurboTax>My Tax Timeline

Look under Some Things You Can Do>Click View order details

If TurboTax is indicating that you need to print and mail any forms or you opted to print and mail, then yes, you will need to print and mail that part of your return since TurboTax only assists in e-filing your returns, they do not actually mail them in. Instructions on this will be included in the filing instructions in your return. If you e-filed and there is no instructions that indicate you need to send anything in, then you are good to go.

To view and print your State return, you will need to get back into the tax preparation to do this, please follow the instructions below:

•     Click on My TurboTax at the upper left top of the page
  •     Click on My Tax Timeline
  •     Look under Some Things You Can Do (below your 2016 return status)
  •     Click on Add a State (this is to get in to your return)
  •     Once in your return, click on the My Account at the top of the page on the right
  •     Click on Print Center to view and print all your State return, payment voucher and filing instructions (select all forms and worksheets)

This section will show the most updated version of everything you've done up to this point. The instructions included will let you know what to send in and where if necessary, keep an eye out for forms that indicate that a signature is required.

For additional questions regarding your State return, contact your State Department of Revenue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies