Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

somebody65
Returning Member

If i mailed my federal and state tax returns to Sacramento only will I get both checks?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

If i mailed my federal and state tax returns to Sacramento only will I get both checks?

Did you mail your federal and state returns in the same envelope?  Where did you send them?  To the IRS or to the state?  If you sent them together then one would have been shredded.  
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Review the filing instruction pages for the fed & state ... did you mail them to the correct address for each individual return ? If not you will need to mail the one you messed up again.

To get whole return with all  the worksheets please log back in your TurboTax account and "add a state" to open the return back up (you are not really adding a state, just to open it back up), then select Tools, Print Center and choose the print center, then select returns and choose the radio button to include all worksheets.
somebody65
Returning Member

I sent both of them in one envelope to Sacramento on April 9th I already got my state check because that we’re I sent it but my federal was I. The same envelope. Do you think they will send it to the IRS so they can process my fed taxes

No.  You need to file your federal return again and send it to the IRS.  Sending your federal return to the state was a mistake.  It is highly unlikely that they would send it on to the IRS for you.  Use a mailing service that will track it --like UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS got it.  There is no penalty for being late if you are getting a refund.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies