Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot get to the TOOLS to delete form 2210

i do not have TOOLS on any left side bar.  what are you talking about?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyJ

To delete forms in Mac, you can follow the instructions below:

Mac Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, click Open Form at the top).
  3. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
AnthonyJ

To delete forms in Mac, you can follow the instructions below:

Mac Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, click Open Form at the top).
  3. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

Deleting Form 2210 does not work.  TT keeps regenerating it.  How can I permanently delete Form 2210?  
stoutmw

Agreed.  I paid a lot of money for this software and this service, and I too keep having the Form 2210 regenerate immediately after deleting it.   I suggest that AnthonyJ go back to his supervisor and elevate that there are a lot of people upset over lack of action on Form 2210 problem.   We can't e-file, because the IRS has already rejected mine 4 times for this Form 2210 problem.  
katems

Same problem here! I just spent 50 minutes on the phone with them. Finally thought we had it but the form regenerated again. My fed and state have been rejected 6 times. They told me to mail it in. I don't want to mail it in. I want to efile because that is what I paid for. I am using a Mac with the Mojave fully up to date. Bottom line is their software has a glitch and they need to fix it!

Same Problem, and  theTurboTax wording indicate "they fixed it", yet when I look on the Copy of the Tax Return, it's still there.  I am on my next attempt.  Think its time to give TurboTax a NO STAR rating.
bill18

Same issue here -- I am retired on a fixed income, SS etc. When I filled this out, it immediately sent me to Form 2210. I don't owe taxes, don't know why it won't let me delete this. Last year I accidentally added income from investments twice. Their software did not catch it, and I paid when I should have received a refund. I want a refund on this -- terrible experience -- they guarantee but don't check their bad software. BTW -- I went online to search for a solution and the first results were that Intuit yearly lobbies to keep filing returns complicated.
tmmoss

Same problem here!  I overpaid taxes in 2018 yet TT creates Form 2210 for Underpayment.  Tried to delete the form, but it just regenerates each time.  Federal E-File has failed twice.  
tmmoss

Okay, I got it to work on the desktop version.  Under Personal Taxes, Click on Other Tax Situations.  Select Update under Underpayment Penalties in the Additional Tax Payments section.  I was able to zero out one of the options and it then said I did not owe an Underpayment Penalty.  Afterward, I was able to delete Form 2210 from under the Forms link.  I resubmitted the taxes and it was accepted by both the Fed and State.  
bill18

Yeah I got this problem they said they fixed to work too — went over and used tax act. It was fast and cheaper, and my taxes are filed! No thanks to intuit — they have a money back policy but only for physical boxed software (who uses that). So thy got my money without fulfilling their service to me I think everyone should know this
lfiber1

Same problem, I followed tmmoss advice above and got my Mom's taxes accepted just now.  Thank you tmmoss!

Have the same problem.  Had to "force" TT into thinking I had no tax liability for my 2017 return.  Once done Form 2210 was deleted and I was able to e-file my return.

Got this from another TT filer with the same problem.  Go to Federal>Other Tax Solutions>Additional Tax Payments>Underpayment Penalties, then in the tax liability box for 2017 change the number to zero.  Must be zero and not blank.  This will delete the Form 2210 and allow you to me-file.

Did not like doing it this way, but until TT finds a fix you can e-file your return.  Can only guess what the IRS will think.  Good Luck!

Chief

My original question in this thread was that I could not see a "Tools" selection in the Windows on-line product.  It turns out the problem is a TurboTax design problem.  The Tools selection is only visible when selecting certain function tabs.  If I designed the page I would have had all options available for all tabs.  But it is plan TurboTax uses off shore programmers who have no cultural awareness of USA income taxes, filing forms, and general usage.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies