turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I put the wrong routing # on my tax return, how do I fix it.? I keep getting a" federal return rejection " and "state rejection", how do I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

I put the wrong routing # on my tax return, how do I fix it.? I keep getting a" federal return rejection " and "state rejection", how do I fix it?

To correct your Bank Routing Number, sign back into your account and click on the "File" tab. Continue through the "File" section until you get to the screen asking how you would like your refund, select "Direct Deposit", and then follow these steps:

1. Ensure the box underneath the account info stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is Unchecked.
  2. Scroll down and click Continue.
  3. A page will display that says, Let's get your bank account info.
  4. Enter your new or updated account info you want your 2017 refund deposited into.

If this doesn't help you correct the problem please comment below so I can assist you further.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

To correct your Bank Routing Number, sign back into your account and click on the "File" tab. Continue through the "File" section until you get to the screen asking how you would like your refund, select "Direct Deposit", and then follow these steps:

1. Ensure the box underneath the account info stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is Unchecked.
  2. Scroll down and click Continue.
  3. A page will display that says, Let's get your bank account info.
  4. Enter your new or updated account info you want your 2017 refund deposited into.

If this doesn't help you correct the problem please comment below so I can assist you further.

Manage cookies