Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

To change from self employed to home business

Answered wrong box when choosing turbo tax. Need to change that.
1 Reply
New Member

To change from self employed to home business

If you are using the online version of TurboTax, Self-Employed would enable you to enter both employment or self-employment income and expenses and maximize deductions geared toward self-employment. If you qualify, you may also be able to use the online Freedom edition of TurboTax that includes Schedule C. To qualify, you must have an AGI of 33,000 or less, be on active duty with the military and have an AGI of 64,000 or less, or qualify for the Earned Income Credit. To use the freedom version of TurboTax, go to the website below:

The equivalent in desktop software is TurboTax Home and Business. Although all desktop versions include all forms and schedules, Home and Business was designed for self-employment and entering expenses, so it will be the most straightforward software to complete your tax return.  
Privacy Settings