turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TN INC 250 (Hall Tax) Due April 17, 2018

If you live in the state of Tennessee, the Hall Tax is due April 17, 2018.  Turbotax incorrectly states it was due April 15, 2018.  I received the following from the TN Dept of Revenue.  Please note the link to the PDF file.

The Due Date for Calendar Year 2017 Tax Returns Is April 17, 2018 Rather Than April 15, 2018 Due dates for certain Tennessee franchise and excise tax returns, business tax returns and Hall income tax returns will be April 17, 2018, to be consistent with the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) federal income tax filing deadline.”

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/revenue/documents/notices/general/general18-01.pdf

On a side note.  There is no facility that I know of to quickly contact Intuit to inform them of their mistake.  Unfortunately, I believe many will overpay their taxes in TN because Turbotax has the due date wrong in their software.  People will pay an additional 5% tax penalty that they do not owe.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TN INC 250 (Hall Tax) Due April 17, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We will submit a report to have this investigated right now. We really do appreciate you taking the time to share this and help others. 

-Christine 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies