turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KEN405

I am a dental hygienist and work in 3 different offices 2 sent me W-2 the third sent a 1099MISC It looks like I must pay tax on the whole amount.Do I put it in 1099 inTT

The amount in box 7 is $855  I had license fees of $1400 and special glasses bought this year for $1400. As I said I had more earnings from my profession.If I enter them in the income and expense section of TT in naturally produces a negative amount. I take the standard deduction I work for the dentist

The trouble I am having is that it keeps treating me as the sole propiertor of the office. I dont understand why I didnt get a W2. I guess they paid cash and didnt pay any social security medicare or taxes. How would i get to 1099misc as just an employee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I am a dental hygienist and work in 3 different offices 2 sent me W-2 the third sent a 1099MISC It looks like I must pay tax on the whole amount.Do I put it in 1099 inTT

Those expenses can certainly wipe out the income from your 1099 and give you a loss against the rest of your income. This amount is different from the standard deduction that everyone gets, the amount depending on your filing status. The standard deduction is used to reduce your income, regardless of its source.

You would include your 1099 income and expenses on Schedule C in the Self-Employed Edition. 

Instructions

1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions. 
Manage cookies