Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hau81631

I received a W2 AND a K-1 with guaranteed payments, reflecting the same income twice. How do I account for this so that I am not paying taxes on this same income twice?

I am on my brother's other business' payroll, and we are partners in a 2nd business.  Our partnership business reimburses my brother's other company for my guaranteed payment.  so, as a result, I get a W2 from my brother's business ADN a K-1 from our partnership business for the SAME income.  This is causing my income to reflect twice.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I received a W2 AND a K-1 with guaranteed payments, reflecting the same income twice. How do I account for this so that I am not paying taxes on this same income twice?

This issue needs to be addressed at the "company" level.   Both your K-1 and your W-2 information is reported to the IRS, so they will be expecting it to be reported on your individual tax return.  If it is not, they will propose an adjustment to  add it to your tax return.  You need to have one of the businesses issue you a corrected tax document.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies