morgan-vanhoesen

This is my first time filing jointly. Does my husband also need to file?

If you file a joint return, everything for both of you is one that ONE return--your income, his income, all of your deductions and credits, your dependents (if any).   

When you enter your own information in Personal Info, you have to answer the question "Were you married?"  If you click the button for Married, then a drop down will appear that asks, "Do you want to file this return together with your spouse?"  Then you choose yes to file a joint return.  You would then enter your spouse's information into Personal Info.  Whenever you are entering income information there should then be a spot for you and for your spouse's income information.