turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just signed in to start my taxes but it says it's already in progress. Has my account been hacked?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just signed in to start my taxes but it says it's already in progress. Has my account been hacked?

This is most likely just because you have already logged in this year and your personal information was pulled over from last year.

This does not mean you have actually started preparing your return beyond your personal information.

You can search: Log in, go to Tax Home, upper left, and view your Tax returns & documents and look to see if you have a 2017 return started and if there is any information entered past the My Info section.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Is this the first time you have logged into TurboTax this year?

Post your questions here for me. I am here to help until we figure this out!

This is most likely just because you have already logged in this year and your personal information was pulled over from last year.

This does not mean you have actually started preparing your return beyond your personal information.

You can search: Log in, go to Tax Home, upper left, and view your Tax returns & documents and look to see if you have a 2017 return started and if there is any information entered past the My Info section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies