turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pdlstmpr

My 1099-misc has income in both box 3 and 7. When I enter those, I get a message saying I can't have income in both of those boxes. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyJ

My 1099-misc has income in both box 3 and 7. When I enter those, I get a message saying I can't have income in both of those boxes. What do I do?

This can be fixed by following the instructions below, which will guide you in entering the information onto the same 1099-MISC.

• Sign into your TurboTax Self-Employed Online account
  • Click on Take me to my return
  • in the Search box located in the upper right corner, enter 1099-MISC
  • In the search results, click on "Jump to 1099-MISC"

*  If you had previously started entering the 1099-MISC, click on Edit and enter the amount found in Box 3 of the 1099-MISC.

*  If you have not started entering the 1099-MISC, click on Add A 1099-MISC and fill in the form only including the amount found in Box 3 of the 1099-MISC.

• Continue through the onscreen instructions.  When you reach the Do you have another 1099-MISC? screen, Click Yes
  • Here you will have to enter the 1099-MISC again, this time only entering the amount located in Box 7.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyJ

This can be fixed by following the instructions below, which will guide you in entering the information onto the same 1099-MISC.

• Sign into your TurboTax Self-Employed Online account
  • Click on Take me to my return
  • in the Search box located in the upper right corner, enter 1099-MISC
  • In the search results, click on "Jump to 1099-MISC"

*  If you had previously started entering the 1099-MISC, click on Edit and enter the amount found in Box 3 of the 1099-MISC.

*  If you have not started entering the 1099-MISC, click on Add A 1099-MISC and fill in the form only including the amount found in Box 3 of the 1099-MISC.

• Continue through the onscreen instructions.  When you reach the Do you have another 1099-MISC? screen, Click Yes
  • Here you will have to enter the 1099-MISC again, this time only entering the amount located in Box 7.

Hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies