turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BT_PEARL

I can't download trubo tax 2016 i just bought 11/09/2016

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

That is because you bought the 2016 Pre Order ... the program will not be out for a couple of weeks ... you will receive an email when the download is ready ... that info should be in the email receipt you got. 

The program has just been released but if you have trouble downloading it then try another browser, clear your cookies & history or just try again later.
trhersh

Similarly, I am unable to download my purchase for tax year 2016. Download help suggests I turn off firewalls/internet security. That seems like tragically bad advice, but even with Norton "paused", I am unable to download (it seems to be trying to download a text file, not an executable).
And, if the order is just a "pre-order", there is no indication in the confirmation e-mail, or in My Downloads, to that effect.

There are always glitches the first couple of days ... I highly suggest you try again in a couple of days.  The current program release is only a bare bones version that is very buggy & barely operational and it will need many updates to flesh it out. The program is not fully operational until Mid January at the earliest. We don't even know what this lame duck congress will do in the next 6 weeks that may change things.

There might be a problem downloading they're looking into.

There always is ... I never want to be the first person in line for something new ... l let others test the waters first to see if there are any alligators.

We're aware that some users are having issues downloading the 2016 software. Please bear with us as we work to address the issue.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies