Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

incline58

Why is this taking so long makes no sense if it can't be done by today then I can just do them myself this is ridiculous

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is this taking so long makes no sense if it can't be done by today then I can just do them myself this is ridiculous

2 Replies

What specifically are you referring to?   Do you have a specific question?

There's no hurry to file now.  The IRS will not start processing returns until January 23 (except for a few test returns the IRS will pull early.).  Any returns filed early will just sit on TurboTax servers until then and cannot be retrieved if you notice something wrong.  You'd later have to file an amended return.  

Of course, you must wait on any W-2's, 1099's, etc. to arrive first before filing.

And starting this year, if you have EIC (earned income credit) or ACTC (additional child tax credit), the IRS will not start releasing those refunds until February 15.

There is no advantage to filing tax returns on paper in early January instead of waiting for the IRS to begin accepting e-filed returns.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/2017-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-23-for-nations-taxpayers-with-tax-returns-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies