turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zathereth

This year when I signed on to Turbo tax to file my taxes, they already had my w-2. How is this possible when I didn't put any information in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This year when I signed on to Turbo tax to file my taxes, they already had my w-2. How is this possible when I didn't put any information in?

TurboTax saved the information you used last year, including your W2 information. 

You will need to confirm the amounts of wages and other deductions because those remain what you entered last year. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

TurboTax saved the information you used last year, including your W2 information. 

You will need to confirm the amounts of wages and other deductions because those remain what you entered last year. 

zathereth

The strange thing is, I checked the numbers and it had the proper wages and federal tax already there.

If your employer is one of our import partners, it may have auto populated once you logged in
zathereth

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies