turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

josh5

I made less than $1000 on self-employment income. Should I use deluxe edition or self-employment to add my income and deductions (about $420 worth)?

I want to get away with spending as little as possible on submitting my taxes. If i can do my deductions for my courses and expenses through the deluxe edition, I would like to choose that one. Or if my income and expenses are so small, submitting deductions aren't worth spending the extra money on the self-employment edition, then I'll choose deluxe edition. But if it makes a difference or I can't submit deductions any other way than the self-employment, then I'll choose that option. Also, can you upgrade when you've already chosen the deluxe edition at a prorated amount?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I made less than $1000 on self-employment income. Should I use deluxe edition or self-employment to add my income and deductions (about $420 worth)?

The self-employment tax alone on $1,000 is $153.  You will want to claim your legitimate deductions to minimize your tax bill.  This requires you to use TurboTax Self-employed online, or the Home & Business download.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The self-employment tax alone on $1,000 is $153.  You will want to claim your legitimate deductions to minimize your tax bill.  This requires you to use TurboTax Self-employed online, or the Home & Business download.

josh5

Thank you!

My pleasure.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies