The option to pay with my refund is not available. It says to come back once my forms are finalized. What does that mean?

the IRS has NOT released final versions of many of the forums yet, and until they do, if your tax returns uses/needs any of those forms that the IRS has not released in "final" yet, you can't e-file. Besides, the IRS doesn't even start processing returns until Jan 23 at the earliest, and that date could be delayed even further. So no need to hurry. All you can do is join the rest of us, and wait.