Solved: The IRS it says "Your tax return is still being pr...

The IRS it says "Your tax return is still being processed","A refund date will be provided when available" Why does turbo tax and the IRS are saying different things?

TurboTax says that the delivery is between Feb 10 and March 2, and the IRS says its still being processed, and that "A refund date will be provided when available". Why is that?

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Only the IRS can give a definite date for when the refund will be sent.  The dates used by TurboTax are only estimates and based on the IRS target of getting a refund back to the taxpayer within 21 days after the return was accepted by the IRS.  The target dates are not a guarantee of delivery.

What should I do then? Keep waiting?
thanks

You will need to check the IRS website from time to time to see if the status changes.

and what if it doesn't change? what can i do?

You will need to speak with an IRS agent.  See answer below.

Don't hold your breath for your return mine is jacked up I was supposed to have 700 coming back but not getting a refund this year

I just talked to them bout two mins ago they swear the message mean it just the computer is still processing it doesn't mean ur under review I had to ask cause I heard this message mean under review

Thank god

I really have the same thing going on ... it say still processing a refund will be provided when available..what it really mean?

Go to this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions">https://www.irs.gov/refund...>

I got information regarding the tax refund status still in process if it’s been over 21 days you will get a letter in the mail to verify your identity you have to call the number on the letter and they will ask you like 15 questions once that’s done then your tax return will get process which can take another 9 weeks good luck to everyone

It's been about 30 days and I still haven't gotten a letter or anything... this waiting game is killing me

I spoke with the IRS today and they told me I should be receiving a letter but they couldn't tell me what the letter was for or about so I just need to wait and allow 60 days...smh. I don't understand how they are sending the letter and don't know what the letter is for

I talked to 2 different irs people and got 2 different answers first lady said it was under review and sending a letter and the next one said it's still being processed not to call back until after the 26 that would be my 21 days I filled on the second got accepted on the 5 according to IRS but TurboTax said I was accepted the 2nd