turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bmvezinat

Is IRS still requiring health care form and penalty for not having? I'm reading not required but still required?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is IRS still requiring health care form and penalty for not having? I'm reading not required but still required?

The IRS has made not any change from the 2015 requirements. 

In 2015 the IRS did not reject e-filed returns that did not have the 1040 line 61 health care checked.

They proposed to change that in 2016 to reject any e-filed returns that did not have line 61 checked.

That change will not be done so they will continue to not reject returns missing line 61, therefore there is no change whatsoever from 2015.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The IRS has made not any change from the 2015 requirements. 

In 2015 the IRS did not reject e-filed returns that did not have the 1040 line 61 health care checked.

They proposed to change that in 2016 to reject any e-filed returns that did not have line 61 checked.

That change will not be done so they will continue to not reject returns missing line 61, therefore there is no change whatsoever from 2015.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
bmvezinat

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies