`

The home page said I still owed almost $500 in taxes, but I already paid $800 so I’m wondering what this extra payment is

TT does not update after your return has been accepted.  Your account will always show the result of the return you prepared using the software.  TurboTax never knows if you received your refund —or if how, or when you paid tax due.  Your proof that you paid your tax will be your own bank/credit card records.

Home page : not important

Form 1040 Line 23 Amount You Owe : important

Meanwhile any other "not-for-Line-23" $800 payment you made previously should appear on Schedule 3.