turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Itemized sched-A asks if you had health insurance all year even through work. It doesn’t ask if work paid?

"On itemized schedule-A asks if you had health insurance all year even through work. This doesn’t ask if work paid or what portion I paid yet it computes 7.5% of salary as deduction?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Itemized sched-A asks if you had health insurance all year even through work. It doesn’t ask if work paid?

The healthcare section asks if you had insurance all year for the purposed of Minimum Essential Coverage. This is not Schedule A.

Medical, dental, and vision expenses are reported on Schedule A and entered in the Deductions & Credits section:

1. Open your tax return.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the
    Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for Schedule A and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you have any medical expenses in 2018? screen.
  4. You will then be prompted to enter your medical expenses, starting with prescriptions.

If you're using Federal Free Edition or Basic and your medical expenses are large enough that you would benefit from itemizing deductions, you'll be prompted to upgrade to Deluxe, as the Federal Free and Basic versions do not handle Schedule A

In the health questions I answered ‘yes’ to having healthcare.  TurboTax automatically entered 7.5% of my salary into schedule-a.  It did this on its own???
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

No, that is not one of the automatic transfers done by TT.
Manage cookies