turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In what year are deductible self-employment health care insurance premiums reported (if different: date of payment, or year of coverage)?

In Schedule C, Other Business Expenses, in what year are deductible self-employment health care insurance premiums reported?  I am in a situation where I had to buy my own health insurance for 2019 health coverage.  One of those premiums had to be paid in December 2018.  I was self-employed in the later part of 2018.  Can I take the December 2018 premium deduction in my 2018 taxes, or do I have to wait till 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

In what year are deductible self-employment health care insurance premiums reported (if different: date of payment, or year of coverage)?

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

date of payment

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

the health insurance is not a deduction for schedule C.  in schedule c or interview mode there should be something about self-employed health insurance.  if done properly and you have enough schedule c income (schedule C income reduce by 1/2 the se tax and contributions to self-employed retirement plan) , the deduction should appear on line 29 of form 1040

OK.  Thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies