Solved: The form is saying that I have tax on self employed earnings. This is not true so I will need to upgrade to Deluxe. I only need 1040ez

essenceoflove1

The form is saying that I have tax on self employed earnings. This is not true so I will need to upgrade to Deluxe. I only need 1040ez

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2017 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

Note - If you have entered a Form 1099-MISC with income shown in box 7 of the form, this would indicate to the program that you are self-employed, thereby requiring the use of the Self-Employed edition to report the income and expenses for your self-employment.

Do you have any income on a 1099Misc?

or cash or a K-1?
essenceoflove1

no
essenceoflove1

just went through the turbo tax forms. It took me to this page and says i need to upgrade to file
essenceoflove1

I was not self employed during 2017 at all
essenceoflove1

I can't move forward to file