turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wangdf

The efile is rejected due to the incorrect AGI, actually I checked on my 2017's return form, that number is correct, what I shall do now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
JoeLi

The efile is rejected due to the incorrect AGI, actually I checked on my 2017's return form, that number is correct, what I shall do now?

Hi - here are some options you can try:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5595742

RenataS

try getting last year tax return transcript from IRS

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

wangdf

it doesn't work
see the latest response here:
The IRS has found the following problems with your return: even I put 0

The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.
The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.
'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.
JoeLi

Hi - this indicates that the IRS is not finding your Past year AGI to be accurate.  Unfortunately, TurboTax does not determine the accuracy of the Past Year AGI and it must match what IRS has stored within their databases.  As such, this means you can either contact the IRS to discuss, or you can print and mail your return.  
wangdf

this time, it asks my spouse's AGI, I still put it as 0, to see what will happen
wangdf

Could I get a phone number?
JoeLi

The IRS can be reached at 800-829-1040.  TurboTax can be reached at (800) 446-8848.  However, we can not validate the past Year AGI is correct.  That question would need to be discussed with the IRS.
RenataS

djgj9761

I did just log in to IRS and the 2017 AGI is the same as wht I put on the efile

While waiting for IRS to answer, I came across this on the IRS website:  you can use any five digit number except 00000 or 12345 for a self-select PIN.  I got the same "reason" you did, but since I had use one of those numbers I thought that might be what they meant to say.  So I just now tried a different PIN---I can't yet say that it worked, 

but if that's you, you might give it a try.

@djgj9761 If you filed 2017 late or amended, then your 2017 AGI did not make it into the system, so even if you are entering it correctly, you will still not be able to e-file.   You can try using "zero" to e-file.  If that does not work either, then you have to print, sign and mail your 2018 return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies