turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The computer program will not allow me to delete a form 8839, but will not let me fill out the form in my review portion. Is there a way to bypass this to e-file?

I have entered all necessary information, and none of that information includes a new adoption, however, the program has opened an Adoption Worksheet 8839, and will not allow edits or deletion.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

The computer program will not allow me to delete a form 8839, but will not let me fill out the form in my review portion. Is there a way to bypass this to e-file?

Check your Dependent's entry in the MY INFO section.

Make sure you did NOT select 'Adopted'.  Choose 'None of the above' (screenshot).

This may be triggering the Form 8939, even though you delete it from your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also cannot delete Form 8839 from my tax return.  I have not adopted children, therefore, never needed to use the Form.  I have NO dependents listed in MY INFO section.  I have tried multiple times to just DELETE the Form but it does not get removed.  Other ideas????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies