The computer program will not allow me to delete a form 8839, but will not let me fill out the form in my review portion. Is there a way to bypass this to e-file?

I have entered all necessary information, and none of that information includes a new adoption, however, the program has opened an Adoption Worksheet 8839, and will not allow edits or deletion.

Check your Dependent's entry in the MY INFO section.

Make sure you did NOT select 'Adopted'.  Choose 'None of the above' (screenshot).

This may be triggering the Form 8939, even though you delete it from your return.

I also cannot delete Form 8839 from my tax return.  I have not adopted children, therefore, never needed to use the Form.  I have NO dependents listed in MY INFO section.  I have tried multiple times to just DELETE the Form but it does not get removed.  Other ideas????