Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hc216

I still did not receive 1099 MISC

Hello,

I have two 1099 MISC forms I did not receive from employers.
For the first one, the employer sent me EIN info and payment info through email clear text, not the actual formal form. I don't really like this because I would like to have more official form to keep for reference, asked them to send me more official form, but they have not cooperated with me about that. Still no news.

For the second one, employer said they will send it by January 31st, but did not, then I asked what happened, promised to get back to me, but still no news. I

I have constantly asked both employers and it was very frustrated how they are handling this. Constantly ignoring my email and never kept the promise. What should I do for these two cases? Is there anyway I can still work on? Do I notify this to IRS? Also for the first one, I don't feel comfortable not receiving the form, but instead clear text from email. Does it still count or IRS requires employer to send the form?

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

The company is required to send you a 1099- MISC if they paid you over $600 in a calendar year for services, and you are not taxed as an S-corporation or a Corporation. If you have requested the 1099-MISC's because you are supposed to receive them and have not, you should contact the IRS and let them know.

To do that you can reach the IRS at (866) 455-7438.

For the moment, I could continue working on your tax return as much as you can until the IRS has resolved the issue with the companies. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WillK
Intuit Alumni

The company is required to send you a 1099- MISC if they paid you over $600 in a calendar year for services, and you are not taxed as an S-corporation or a Corporation. If you have requested the 1099-MISC's because you are supposed to receive them and have not, you should contact the IRS and let them know.

To do that you can reach the IRS at (866) 455-7438.

For the moment, I could continue working on your tax return as much as you can until the IRS has resolved the issue with the companies. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies