turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The 1099G inputs the income but is not allowing for me to input the fed.income tax withheld.

my federal withholding is not reflecting the 611.00 from my 1099G
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmandaR1

The 1099G inputs the income but is not allowing for me to input the fed.income tax withheld.

For unemployment?
AmandaR1

States have different forms for reporting unemployment, so unlike W-2s, you may not be able to match box numbers when entering your withholdings. However, you can still enter this information. Log into TurboTax and follow the steps:

1. Click Take me to my return
  2. Select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it  (If you have the blue button 'Check for more income' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
  3. Scroll down to Unemployment and click the blue hyperlink Show more
  4. Click Start/Update next to Unemployment and paid family leave
  5. Since you already started entering the form, you'll be at a summary screen of unemployment entered and can click Edit next to your form entry. Go through the screens to review your entry.
  6. On the next screen titled, What's the total amount you received on your 1099-G? enter the amount of unemployment and check the box that says Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment.
  7. On the next screen you can enter Federal Income Tax Withheld and state information and State Income Tax Withheld if applicable.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies