States have different forms for reporting unemployment, so unlike W-2s, you may not be able to match box numbers when entering your withholdings. However, you can still enter this information. Log into TurboTax and follow the steps:
- Click Take me to my return
- Select the Federal Taxes tab and then click the Wages & Income tab below it (If you have the blue button 'Check for more income' click it and then click 'Skip to see all income')
- Scroll down to Unemployment and click the blue hyperlink Show more
- Click Start/Update next to Unemployment and paid family leave
- Since you already started entering the form, you'll be at a summary screen of unemployment entered and can click Edit next to your form entry. Go through the screens to review your entry.
- On the next screen titled, What's the total amount you received on your 1099-G? enter the amount of unemployment and check the box that says Federal or state income tax was withheld on this payment.
- On the next screen you can enter Federal Income Tax Withheld and state information and State Income Tax Withheld if applicable.
Still have questions?Make a post