turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leggz0823

Will I end up owing taxes to the IRS? i accidentally withheld NO federal taxes from my main work W2. I have 2 young children to claim also.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will I end up owing taxes to the IRS? i accidentally withheld NO federal taxes from my main work W2. I have 2 young children to claim also.

That depends.  You do not say how much you earned, so all we can do is guess whether you will owe.  If you had no tax withheld from your paychecks, then there is nothing from which to provide a tax refund based on box 2 of your W-2.

If you are claiming two dependent children the child-related credits and personal exemptions from the children will help a lot.  You will just have to prepare a tax return to see how it comes out.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply

That depends.  You do not say how much you earned, so all we can do is guess whether you will owe.  If you had no tax withheld from your paychecks, then there is nothing from which to provide a tax refund based on box 2 of your W-2.

If you are claiming two dependent children the child-related credits and personal exemptions from the children will help a lot.  You will just have to prepare a tax return to see how it comes out.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Manage cookies