turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

George-F2

On 9 April 2017 the California Franchise Tax Board required me to pay an additional $1,897.41 taxes for the year 2015. How should this be entered in Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
jtax
Level 10

On 9 April 2017 the California Franchise Tax Board required me to pay an additional $1,897.41 taxes for the year 2015. How should this be entered in Turbo Tax?

The search button in on the top right of the web page, just to the left of help. See the screenshot below. (Had to make a new answer to add the screenshot).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jtax
Level 10

In the upper right search box search for "estimates paid" and choose "Jump to estimates paid"

Scroll down to the bottom of the paid, find "Payments for 2015 or a prior year state or local income taxes paid in 2017," click start and will TT will ask you the state and amount. The year doesn't matter, just that is was not for 2017 or 2016.

George-F2

I have already completed all entries except for filing. How do I find the search box you're talking about?
George-F2

On my computer, the button just to the left of 'help' is 'upgrade'. Is there any way that I can enter the payment by switching to forms?

Are you using the Online web version as indicated up by your name or the Desktop CD/Download program on Mac?
George-F2

I am using the downloaded version of Turbo Tax on my Macintosh. Although I apparently don't have a 'search' button, I can easily switch to 'forms' if there is anyway that I could enter the payment from there. Would this be possible?

jtax
Level 10

Thanks @George F2. I gave you the instructions for the online version because that is what this discussion group software said you were using.

On the PC/Mac versions navigate to Federal Taxes / Deductions & Credits, then "I'll choose what I work on," then scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and in that section fine "other income taxes" and click "start" or "update" to its right.

Alternatively you could go into forms mode and open the "Tax Payments Worksheet" and make an entry in line 24 (amount and state id).
George-F2

That worked. Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies