turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I need to pay tax on the difference between my taxable income of 26942 and my std deduction of 25300? TT shows that I pay not taxes at all.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will I need to pay tax on the difference between my taxable income of 26942 and my std deduction of 25300? TT shows that I pay not taxes at all.

Due to having capital gains on your return and small amount of taxable income, that is why your tax is $0.

If the Long Term Capital Gains and/or dividends fell within the 10% or 15% ordinary income brackets, your tax rate was an unbeatably low 0%.

Your tax bracket was 10% so the capital gains on your return are $0.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Is some of your income Social Security?  Is some dividends or capital gains?

no earned income, just ss, dividends, capital gains and pension/ira withdrawals.  $5100 of 40090 ss shows as taxable

Due to having capital gains on your return and small amount of taxable income, that is why your tax is $0.

If the Long Term Capital Gains and/or dividends fell within the 10% or 15% ordinary income brackets, your tax rate was an unbeatably low 0%.

Your tax bracket was 10% so the capital gains on your return are $0.

Thanks for your help.  Gross income of 60,000 and paying no taxes at all.  Not upset with that!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies