turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

petersdtr

I twice now once a week ago and again today I've tried 2 -4 times to log on my intuit account to upgrade my turbotax to Premier. Please help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I twice now once a week ago and again today I've tried 2 -4 times to log on my intuit account to upgrade my turbotax to Premier. Please help

You are not required to upgrade if you are using the desktop software.  TurboTax will suggest you upgrade as the Premier version provides some additional ''Guide Me'' screens that are not available in the Deluxe version.  

If you feel like you want or need more help with the rental property section, you can upgrade.  However, you will be able to complete your tax return without upgrading if you feel comfortable doing so.  As mentioned above, choose Upgrade if you would like to.  Otherwise, choose No Thanks and continue with your tax return preparation.  If you have questions, you can always ask a question here in the forum, no matter what product you are using.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Your post is showing that you are using the TurboTax Deluxe desktop edition which would be installed on your personal computer either from a CD or a Download of the software.
All the TurboTax desktop editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  Why are you needing to upgrade your desktop edition?
petersdtr

I don't know if I need to upgrade?? I added my rental property and the proper deductions and worked to provide info in all the right places.  The program made the suggestion I might like to upgrade

That is a suggestion only and not a requirement.  If you do want to upgrade to the Premier edition, you need to click on the Upgrade TurboTax link at the bottom right of the desktop program screen.  Then pay for the upgrade with a credit card but only the price difference between the Deluxe edition and the Premier edition would be charged.
petersdtr

thank you
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You are not required to upgrade if you are using the desktop software.  TurboTax will suggest you upgrade as the Premier version provides some additional ''Guide Me'' screens that are not available in the Deluxe version.  

If you feel like you want or need more help with the rental property section, you can upgrade.  However, you will be able to complete your tax return without upgrading if you feel comfortable doing so.  As mentioned above, choose Upgrade if you would like to.  Otherwise, choose No Thanks and continue with your tax return preparation.  If you have questions, you can always ask a question here in the forum, no matter what product you are using.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies